Monday, January 26, 2009

Don't you wish we remembered the way they do on television?

I had the latest episode of Desperate Housewives on while getting ready this morning, and it's mostly flashbacks. I don't know about you, but when I remember things, it becomes increasingly fuzzy. I can't remember what the room was like, what I was wearing, how I felt physically (unless it was extreme), or even (and this is bad) when it was. I have trouble remembering the day, and sometimes the month or year. I'm left with vague impressions, more like a Monet than a John Singleton Copley. Splashes of color, ghosts of movements--it's almost more like remembering a story I once read than something I once experienced.

While my memory may be bad, I'm relatively certain people don't normally remember in vivid flashbacks. But wouldn't it be wonderful if we did? If we could remember everything?

How much do you remember?

0 comments: